De Berk was originally built c1850 at Drantum, Lower Saxony, Germany. it was rebuilt after a fire in 1870. The mill was last worked commercially in 1952. In 1979, the mill was brought to the Netherlands by miller H E A Bokkers, of Overijssel. The mill was erected in the Veenpark, Barger-Compascuum in 1983. It was erected near the site of a mill which had been demolished in 1936. As of summer 2009, the mill is not in full working order as repairs are required.
Categories: Power - Wind
, Buildings - Misc