The DeWint House, or De Wint House, at Tappan, New York is the oldest surviving structure in Rockland County, New York and is an outstanding example of Hudson Valley Colonial Dutch architecture. It was built using indigenous sandstone in 1700 by Daniel DeClark, a Hollander, who emigrated to America in 1676. The date is marked in glazed bricks along the fa├žade.
View in Google Earth Categories: Landmarks
Links: dewinthouse.com
By: adrbr

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload