Fairchild C-123

Built in 1957 in Hagerstown, MD and flown to Anchorage by Jack Jefford, Dick Pastro and Bill Hanson. The C-123 was used by the Federal Aviation Administration as a freight hauler. It logged nearly 20,000 flight hours and traveled more than 3 million miles in Alaska. Its last flight was August 9, 1984. The C-123 weighs 27 tons, has a fuel capacity of 1500 gal, cruises at 185 mph. It has two reciprocating engines which deliver 2400 hp each, and two jest boosters which deliver an additional 1025 lbs of thrust
View in Google Earth Categories: Vehicle - Military - Display
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kuressaare
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement