Former Blackwater Railway Station (Isle of Wight)

Former Blackwater Railway Station (Isle of Wight)


Newport, United Kingdom (GB)
Blackwater was a station on Isle of Wight. Even thought the line opened in 1875 the station first appeared on the timetables in June 1876 and closed 6th February 1956. The station was opened by the Newport Junction Railway and closed by British Railways (Southern Region)

The station was originally named as Blackwater, but changed its name to Blackwater (Isle of Wight), to avoid confusion, as there is a station in Hampshire with the same name.

What's left today:
The station buildings have been demolished, but the station house still remains and has been extended over the end of the platform. Both platforms also still survive.
Blackwater was a station on Isle of Wight. Even thought the line opened in 1875 the station first appeared on the timetables in June 1876 and closed 6th February 1956. The station was opened by the Newport Junction Railway and closed by British Railways (Southern Region)

The station was originally named as Blackwater, but changed its name to Blackwater (Isle of Wight), to avoid confusion, as there is a station in Hampshire with the same name.

What's left today:
The station buildings have been demolished, but the station house still remains and has been extended over the end of the platform. Both platforms also still survive.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement