Not accessible to the general public despite being classified with the nearby Town of St. George as a World Heritage site. In Tucker's Town at what is now Frick's Point, this small oval redoubt of a fort guarded Castle Island from a flanking attack launched by enemy forces from the Main Island. It commanded the narrow peninsular of Tucker's Town and the land ward approach to King's Castle. It was built during the American Revolution, probably during the brief tenure of Lieutenant Governor George Bruere, one of the sons of Governor Bruere. He succeeded his father who never fully recovered from both the shock of the theft of gunpowder from Bermuda in 1775 and that his other son, fighting in the British Army against the Americans at the Battle of Bunker Hill, died from wounds inflicted by that gunpowder.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic
By: AlbinoFlea


Please enable images and enter code to post