The Old Church constructed in 1875 to support the Fort Randall Calvary Fort where between 500 and 3000 Calvarymen were garrisoned to support the westward expansion of the United States. The entire Fort grounds are identified and marked open to the Public. The church was built of chaulkstone quarried near the River. A number of famous personages passed through here, including George Armstrong Custer and Bill Cody. This site was earlier visited by the Lewis & Clark Expedition of 1804. One of the world's largest earthen dams now sits just to the north of this site, and provides electricity for a number of States of the Region. Erected in 1953 by the South Dakota State Historical Society.
Religious - Christianity, Buildings - Misc