Battery Ketcham / 120 (1943 - 1948), named after Brig. Gen. Daniel W. Ketcham (1/24/1942) and armed with two casemated 16-inch 50 cal. MkIIM1 Navy guns on M4 barbette carriages (1943 - 1948). Built of reinforced concrete and steel covered with earth between 1941 and 1943. A B.C. Station is located on the top of the battery. After WW2 a large radar station was mounted above the #2 gun casemate.
Categories: Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries