Copano, Texas or El Copano (Spanish) is a ghost town on the northwestern shore of Copano Bay in Refugio County. It is located 5 miles (8.0 km) north of present day Bayside, on Copano Point. The port, which holds the distinction as the first in South Texas, was founded in the early 18th century by the Spanish, and named for the Copane Indians that resided in the area. It was used as a port from 1722 until its abandonment in the 1880s.
View in Google Earth Categories: Abandoned
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kkeps
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement