This fortified wall, defining the limits of the city and serving as a protective barrier from invaders in the past centuries, dates back to 1037, the reign of Prince Yaroslav the Wise. The place was restored to its present condition in 1983, and it now serves as the Golden Gate historical museum. The structure is located in downtown Kiev, two blocks from the National Opera House, just outside of the Zoloti Vorota metro station.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic
By: DonMartini
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement