The Remillard Brick Company, of which the Green Brae Brick Kiln is the only surviving structure, was by 1900 the largest brickmaking firm on the Pacific Coast. The kiln is one of the few remaining examples of the Hoffman type kiln in the U.S. and is an engineering landmark of statewide significance. The kiln supplied much of the brick required to rebuild San Francisco after the 1906 Earthquake, and the Remillard Brick Company served as a chief supplier of bricks for the entire Pacific coast. It was closed in 1915.
Category: Buildings - Retail and Dining