Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
AlbinoFlea picture
@ 2005-11-28 18:52:31

Also, from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1129-2005Apr19_2.html:

When it opened in 1940, it went by the blandly descriptive name of the Potomac River Bridge. It was renamed in 1968 for Harry Whinna Nice, Maryland's Republican governor from 1935 to 1939, during whose term the bridge's construction was approved.
Advertisement