Former South Marston airfield where Miles Master training planes, Short Stirling bomber and Spitfires were built during the WW2 in a factory founded by Air Ministry. Vickers bought the factory in October 1945 and used it for aircraft production until 1961. Until the 1980s factory produced components for various Vickers products until the site was sold to Honda who demolished most of the original factory to make way for car plant. The runways has been used as test tracks.
Companies - Plants/Factories, Military - Historic - Closed Facility, Transportation - Automotive