The City Hall of Lyon is a work of Simon Maupin from 1646. Soon after its inauguration, in 1674, a fire partially destroyed the building. The reconstuction was supervised by Hardouin-Mansart. Inside the building the Marseillaise was sung for the first time, during the seat of the Revolutionary Court in 1792.
Government - Local
With its 65 bells, the Town Hall's carillon is one of the most important in Europe. The bells are played on Sunday evenings during the summer and once a week the rest of the year.