Western Salisbury Church, founded in 1741, was the first place of worship in Salisbury Township and was erected by the Lutheran and Reformed settlers of the area. The present stone edifice, the third building, dates to 1819. Originally called “Schmaltzgass (or “lard valley”) and now called Jerusalem, this church continues its ministries as a union church, with two congregations, Lutheran and United Church of Christ, in a “Shared Ministry.”
View in Google Earth Categories: Religious - Christianity
Links: jwsunionchurch.org
By: kkeps
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement