What would become King's Restaurant started in 1936 with the opening of a country store built by Frank King. Frank's father, Richard, and his father, R.W., were also store operators in Kinston stretching back to the 1850's. While King's clearly has a foot in the past we have always tried to move forward with the times. Our menu has evolved a bit over the years, but some things never change. For example, we prepare signature items like Bar-B-Que the same way we always have and our recipes have stayed the same over the decades.
Category: Buildings - Retail and Dining