1850 (rebuilt in 1879 and again in 1913). Reactivated; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 20 m (66 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, connected to two ruined 2-story keepers houses. The lighthouse is white with a rusty red lantern; the keeper's houses are red. Previously abandoned and still endangered, this historic lighthouse was nonetheless reactivated with a solar-powered LED beacon in the restoration of Curaçao's aids to navigation. Recent photos show the keeper's houses to be crumbling rapidly. The barren island of Klein Curaçao is located 11 km (7 mi) off the southeastern tip of Curaçao. Located at the center of the island. Accessible only by boat.
View in Google Earth Categories: Lighthouses
Links: www.flickr.com
By: WacoKidd110
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement