.395 NASCAR sanctioned oval track across the street from the Langley Air Force Base. It was originally a 1/3 mile dirt track named Dude Ranch Speedway when it opened in 1949. In 1963, the track was enlarged to it's current size and was named Langley Field. It was paved in 1968.
Nine NASCAR events were held here from 1964-70, with three wins by David Pearson, two by Richard Petty and Ned Jarrett, and one by Bobby Isaac and Bobby Allison. It hosted the final Grand National Series event in 1970 before the series was renamed Winston Cup. It held 14 Busch Series events in the 1980's.
Today, several classes of stock cars, modifieds, legends, and karts race here on Saturday nights.
Category: Raceways - Car