Lee Chapel is a National Historic Landmark in Lexington, Virginia, on the campus of Washington & Lee University. It was constructed during 1867-68 at the request of Robert E. Lee, who was President of the University (then known as Washington College) at the time, and after whom the building is named. When Lee died in 1870, he was buried beneath the chapel. His body remains there to this day.
Historical, Museums - History