This building was constructed for the pioneer grocery merchant, W.H. Lyon. From 1900 to 1903 the Manitoba (Winnipeg) Free Press occupied this building, and in 1906, with the addition of two storeys. The building was devoted to office space. The facade is of yellow orche brick with limestone capitals and a metal cornice.
View in Google Earth Categories: Events - Historical
Links: historicplaces.ca
By: kkeps
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement