Margit Bridge (Margit híd) was designed by the French architect, Ernest Gouin, winner of an international competition, and was also built by a French company between 1872-1876. The statues atop the pillars were fashioned by the frenchman Thabart. After World War Il this bridge also needed to be reconstructed. An interesting feature of the bridge is that the two wings from the two riverbanks meet at an angle of 150 degrees at the entrance to Margaret Island. Here a third section connects with the island.
Bridges - Automobile