Marston Water Tower was built in 1897 and was the first steel, elevated water tower west of the Mississippi River. Anson Marston, the first Dean of the College of Engineering, designed the tower and oversaw its construction. It provided water for the university but it presently is not in use. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
View in Google Earth Categories: Towers - Water Storage
Links: www.isualum.org
By: neotrix
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement