Ranch of 55 acres purchased in 1933 by a (fictious?) "Jessie M. Murphy, widow," with that name appearing on no other public records. By 1938 it was clear that the real owners were Winona and Norman Stephens, a wealthy American couple with a marked affinity for National Socialism and Hitler's New Order in Germany. Winona, who was seriously into "the para-normal," came under the spell of a mysterious Rasputin-like Nazi known in local lore only as "Schmidt." The Stephens spent more than 4,000,000 dollars to develope the estate into a sealed off utopian Nazi hide-a-way which would include a huge mansion designed by Lloyd Wright.
Art - Sculpture, Buildings - Novelty / Interesting