The Neue Synagoge (Eng. "New Synagogue") was built 1859-1866 as the main synagogue of the Berlin Jewish community, on Oranienburger Straße. Because of its splendid eastern moorish style and resemblance to the Alhambra, it is an important architectural monument of the second half of the 19th Century in Berlin.
The original building was designed by Eduard Knoblauch. Following Knoblauch's succumbing to illness, Friedrich August Stüler took responsibility for the majority of its construction as well as for its interior arrangement and design. It was inaugurated in the presence of Chancellor Count Otto von Bismarck in 1866 .
, Religious - Judaism