From www.pgparks.com:

The home of Captain and Mrs. Newton H. White was built in 1939 by architect W.E. Bottomly. Captain White had a distinguished career in the U.S. Navy serving on U.S.S. Yorktown and the U.S.S. Lexington. He was the first commanding officer on the U.S.S. Enterprise prior to World War II.

Captain White set out to develop a model dairy farm out of an average Prince George's County farm. The farm became quite profitable, much to White's chagrin at tax time.

The mansion is a two-story brick Neo-Georgian-style home. With Captain White's nautical affiliation, the 586 acre tract became known as Enterprise Estate. Today the mansion is surrounded by Enterprise Golf Course and consists of six large rooms, a contemporary glass-enclosed atrium, two upstairs dressing rooms, and an outdoor brick patio with a central waterfall fountain.
View in Google Earth Categories: Homes - Famous
Links: www.pgelegantsettings.com
By: AlbinoFlea
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement