Founded in 1827, the Northern Dispensary was a clinic for the working poor.
Edgar Allan Poe, then living on Waverly Place, dropped by in 1837 for help with a head cold. Among its benefactors were Clement C. Moore, Samuel F. B. Morse, and P. T. Barnum.

Located at 165 Waverly Place in Manhattan's Greenwich Village.
View in Google Earth Categories: Hospitals, Buildings - Misc
Links: ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com
By: skyeye
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement