This mechanical marvel was purchased in 1894 and it was intended to replace the 20-Mule Teams that hauled borax from the Borate to Daggett. Old Dinah required constant maintenance and had major problems with sand and steep grades. After a one year trial, mules proved more productive and reliable, but they too, were replace later by a narrow gauge railroad in 1898.
View in Google Earth Categories: Vehicle - Misc
Links: www.girr.org
By: WacoKidd110
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement