The Old Vic is a theatre located just south-east of Waterloo Station in London on the corner of The Cut and Waterloo Road.
It was also the name of a repertory company that was based at the theatre, and provided the basis of the Royal National Theatre company.
Architect Rudolph Cabanel of Aachen
Owned by Old Vic Theatre Trust
Type Resident company
Rebuilt 1871 J T Robinson
1880/1902 Elijah Hoole
1922/1927 by Frank Matcham
1933-8 F Green and Co
1950 Pierre Sonrel
1960 Sean Kenny
1983 Renton, Howard, Wood and Levine.
Previous names Royal Coburg Theatre
Royal Victorian Theatre
Royal Victoria Hall and Coffee Tavern
Category: Theatres - Stage