Opened on June 22, 1940, by Sherb Noble. Two years earlier, J. F. McCullough approached Noble with his creation of a soft frozen dairy product, leading to the birth of the Dairy Queen franchise.
Seven years later, there were 100 locations. The chain would grow to 1,446 stores by 1950... 2,600 stores by 1955... and over 5,900 locations today.
A church now occupies the building.
Category: Buildings - Retail and Dining