The construction, started in 1906, was partly built on the old ruins of the mediaeval Royal Court of Moldavia (1434), and partly on top of the foundations of the former neoclassical style palace, dated to the time of Prince Alexandru Moruzi (1806), rebuilt by Prince Mihail Sturdza and dismantled in 1904. It was from this latter building that the Palace inherited the legend of the 365 rooms, as many as the days within one year
Moldova National Museum Complex of Iaşi hosts four museums located in the Palace of Culture: The Museum of Art, The Museum of History, The Museum of Ethnography, and The Museum of Science and Technology.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - History, Museums - Culture
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Cornel
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement