The original Gothic palace was committed by Lodovico Thiene to Lorenzo da Bologna in 1490, with an East front on contrà Porti made of bricks squared by angular lesene worked at "diamond edge", with a portal by Tommaso da Lugano and a triple window (trifora) made in rose marble.

In October 1542 Marcantonio and Adriano Thiene began to remodel their Quattrocento family palace in a grandiose project, which would have occupied an entire city block of 54 x 62 metres and faced onto Vicenza’s principal artery (today’s Corso Palladio).
View in Google Earth Categories: Palaces
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: adrbr
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement