The Glass House or Johnson house, built in 1949 in New Canaan, Connecticut, was an important project for architect Philip Johnson and his associate Richard Foster, and for modern architecture. It was also the place of Philip Johnson's passing in January of 2005.
The house is located behind a stone wall on Ponus Ridge Road in New Canaan, and is mostly hidden from the public's view. The Glass House is one of eleven buildings that Johnson either built or refined on his rambling 47-acre estate.
After Johnson's death the Glass House passed to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which opened it to visitors in April 2007.
The house often draws comparisons to Mies van der Rohe's Farnsworth House.
Categories: Homes - Famous