"It was in the year of 1886 that Reverend R. K. Pierce came to the Clerks area as pastor and in 1889 he was instrumental in erecting the Pierce Chapel Church in his name. The church was erected 2 miles west and 2 miles south of its present site.
Religious - Christianity
Pierce Chapel church served the area around this location until 1913 when, after some concentrated planning, T. D. Betts and Warren Curry aided in moving the church structure to its present site. The name to remain Pierce Chapel. One of the main conveniences for the move as to have the cemetery directly across the road from the church. Also the people that had been attending services at the Pleasant Hill school then joined the Pierce Chapel group.
Reverend Wm. S. Sanders was the first pastor in the new location and in those days it required a good horse to make all charges that this pastor served."