The Ponte delle Guglie is one of two in Venice to span the Canale di Cannaregio. It lies near the western end of the canal, by Santa Lucia station.

Originally a wooden structure, it was replaced by the current stone and brick bridge in 1580. Obelisks lie at each end, carved balustrades run either side of the walkway, and gargoyles decorate its arch.
View in Google Earth Categories: Bridges - Pedestrian
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement