Named for the red clay hill on which the site is situated, Redcliffe Plantation was purchased by James Henry Hammond, US Congressman (1835-1836), Governor of South Carolina (1842-1844), and US Senator (1857-1860) from Dr. Milledge Galpin in 1855. In 1973 the property was deeded to the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. It is open to the public.
View in Google Earth Categories: Parks, Homes - Historic
Links: south-carolina-plantations.com
By: forthefallendrms
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement