The minister George B. Hitchcock (1812-1872) built the house around 1855 and lived in it from 1856 to 1865. He was involved in the American abolitionism movement known as the Underground Railroad, giving sanctuary to escaped slaves. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 2006. It now houses a museum.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - History
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement