The 8m high gear is installed as a monument to commemorate the designers and builders of the many bridges across False Creek. The gear was part of the second Cambie Bridge (or Connaught Bridge) which opened in 1911 and remained in service until 1984. Installed on the center pier, the gear supported the steel truss swing span.

View in Google Earth Categories: Monuments
Links: vancouver.ca
By: kjfitz

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload