The Ruined Castle is a folly at Aulanko park in Hämeenlinna, Finland. The structure consists of mostly fake walls, windows and towers with no interiors. It was built around the turn of 19th and 20th centuries by arms manufacturer and former colonel Hugo Standerskjöld (1844-1931) in what was then a large private park in his estates. The town of Hämeenlinna bought Aulanko in 1926 to be used as public park.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnthefinn/3621958894/
View in Google Earth Categories: Buildings - Misc
Links: www.aulanko.fi
By: Hinkkanen

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload