Former transatlantic liner of the Holland-America Line was launched in 1958 and started her maiden voyage September 3, 1959. She served as transatlantic liner until 1969 and continued as a cruise ship until September 1997. She was then sold to Premier Cruises as the SS Rembrandt but was laid up in Freeport, Bahamas in September 2000. She was purchased by the Rotterdam Drydock Company in May 2003 for conversion to floating hotel/casino. On July 12, 2004, the ship arrived at the Cammell Laird yard in Gibraltar for asbestos clean-up and further works. After further changes of ownership she was drydocked in Cadiz in November 2005 and has since left for refurbishment in Gdansk, Poland where she arrived 28 February 2006. The intention is to have her as permanently docked at Rotterdam some time in 2007.
Category: Sea - Cruise ships