The St. Thomas Catholic parish was established in 1890 with Fr F.J. McKweon as its first pastor. At the time it was the only parish in the area of the state and had an area of 5600 square miles. The current church building was completed in 1911 and was build in a Romanesque style. Due to financial difficulties the parish was offered to the Redemptorists as their mission-centre in the far Northwest which was accepted in 1914. The neighboring parish house was constructed in 1928 to serve as a home for the Redemptorists serving the parish.
Category: Religious - Christianity