Opened in 1847 and closed in 1965.
Transportation - Rail, Events - Historical
A public footpath runs across the River Derwent viaduct and through the station site as part of the Sustrans cycle network. The station site itself is now a small park and children's play area. The station house, now extended to the rear, is owned by the council and is used as a club house (known as The Old Station Club) with a function room available for hire. The overhanging roof and canopy supported on iron columns has been removed and replaced with a new building almost to the edge of the platform. The front of the main building, with its portico facing onto Church Road, is largely unaltered.
Both platforms are intact although the down platform has been lowered at its east end in front of the station building. The cattle dock, west of the up platform, is extant as is the large brick goods shed which is now used as a sports hall. A single reproduction level crossing gate has been fitted across the track at the east end of the station.