Towosahgy, an Osage Indian word meaning "Old Town" was a fortified ceremonial center inhabited by the Mississippian Era Mound Builders until approximately A.D. 1400. Today, the site consists of a central plaza surrounded by six mounds with the largest mound being approximately 180' wide by 250' long at its base and 16' high.
View in Google Earth Categories: Indian
Links: www.mostateparks.com
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement