A uranium mill was built on this site in 1955 by Rare Metals Corporation of America. It provided uranium to the US government until its closure in 1966. The site was found to be contaminated, and was remediated as part of the UMTRA (Uranium Mill Tailings Remediation Act) program. The site covers 145 acres, and the former location of the mill and tailings pile is covered by a huge mound of clay soil, granular material, and rock.
Pollution, Abandoned, Resources - Storage/Processing, Resources - Minerals/Metals