The Victorian Village is located in the eastern quadrant of downtown Memphis.

During Memphis' early period of growth in the mid 19th century, a few wealthy Memphians built grand, Victorian-style homes in what was then the outskirts of the city. The homes in Victorian Village were built from 1846 into 1890s, and range in style from Neo-classical through Late Gothic Revival.[2] Edward C. Jones, one of Memphis's most significant Victorian-era architects, and his partner, Matthias Harvey Baldwin, built the Woodruff-Fontaine House (1870) and renovated the Harsson-Goyer-Lee House (1871).
View in Google Earth Categories: Cities
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement