The foundation was laid in the late summer of 1928. In the spring of 1929, more than 200 highly skilled workmen were bought to Emerald Bay and housed in temporary barracks on the property. They worked diligently throughout the summer and by the end of the season the house was completed. During those months of 1929, the timbers were hand hewn, the interior wall boards were hand planed, intricate wood carvings were executed, and metal fixtures (such as fireplace screens, hinges, and latches) were hand forged - all at the site.
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles, Parks
Links: www.vikingsholm.org
By: jbottero
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement