A pretty flower about 200-300 yards SW of the Alamo in downtown San Antonio, TX.
The building is the Villita Assembly Building. It was built and is owned by CPS Energy, the gas and electric provider for the greater San Antonio area. It was dedicated on May 26, 1959 during a Chamber of Commerce dinner. It was built on the site of the first power station providing electricity to the downtown area. There was a need for a venue for medium size conventions coming into town to have exhibits. The power station was obsolete and needed to be torn down. It was determined that a building would be built to be used for conventions and local functions. The architect was O’Neil Ford and Associates.
It sits on the River Walk and is adjacent to La Villita, the little village of San Antonio.
, Retail - Misc
, Entertainment - Misc