This bridge that spans the Rock Creek is the oldest known wrought iron bridge in Missouri. It was built in 1874 by the Keystone Bridge Company to cross the River des Peres at Ivory Avenue in the Carondelet neighborhood in St. Louis. When a new bridge replaced it in 1928, the bridge was moved to Kimmswick and put in its current location in 1930. Today the bridge is only open to pedestrian traffic.
Categories: Bridges - Pedestrian