Established ca. 1790 by the Swiss settlers of New Windsor Township, the Zubly Cemetery is significant as an example of a typical early to mid-nineteenth century cemetery illustrating vernacular burial customs of the period. It is the most important extant historic resource associated with the New Windsor community, a significant late-eighteenth to early-nineteenth century settlement and frontier outpost in the South Carolina backcountry.
View in Google Earth Categories: Cemeteries
Links: www.nationalregister.sc.gov
By: forthefallendrms
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement