The CNJ was acquired by the Philadelphia and Reading Railway in 1883. Though that was later canceled, the Reading continued to exert a major influence over the CNJ, and used it for its New York City-area terminal.
Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey includes the site of the CNJ's terminal.
Communipaw Terminal, officially known as the Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal, was the waterfront terminal on the Hudson River for the Central Railroad of New Jersey's commuter and passenger service in Jersey City, New Jersey. It originally opened in 1864, was relocated in 1889, and operated until April 30, 1967 when the Aldene Plan was implemented due to the CNJ's bankruptcy.
Today, the terminal remains as part of Liberty State Park, and serves as the departure point for ferries to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.