Built in 1930, and presented to the city of winder in 1959, this steam locomotive was one of the last in service.
Museums - History, Land - Rail
From the plaque next to the locomotive:
"This steam locomotive was presented to the City of Winder and Barrow County in 1959 by the Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company. It was placed here as a permanent exhibit in memory of the important service engines of this type rendered to the country. Built in 1820, it operated for a number of years on the Gainsville Midland Railroad. At the time of its retirement in 1959, No. 208 was one of the last steam locomotives in service in this section of the country."