Martin's parish was founded in 1921 after which the parish council decided to build a church of its own. The church was consecrated on the 450th anniversary of the birth of Martin Luther, on the 12 th of November 1933. The designers of the church were the architects Totti Sora and Gunnar Wahlroos. The church represents architechtual functionalism.
Religious - Christianity
The whole altar wall is covered with an "al secco" painting of the Saviour nailed to the cross with friends and officials at Golgatha. This massive work is 15 meters high and 9.5 meters in breadth. At the time of painting this was the largest painting of its type in the whole of Scandinavia.